June was a busy month for legal and regulatory changes in the accounting profession.
All this is going to be covered in a webinar hosted by Lettie Janse van Vuuren, technical consultant to the SA Accounting Academy, on 24 July 2019 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. This will earn you 2 CPD hours.
Here’s a taste of what’s going to be covered:
• The Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA) has issued new rules regarding improper conduct and a Code of Professional Conduct for registered auditors.
• The SA Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) has issued a new Guide on Regulatory Reporting Duties.
• SAICA has also issued a guide on auditing for small and medium-sized enterprises
• The Local Government Municipal Finance Management Act (Municipal cost containment regulations). Municipalities and municipal entities must disclose cost containment measures in their in-year budget reports, and annual costs savings in their annual reports. These reports must be submitted to Council for review and resolution.
• The general codes for the Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment Act have been amended.
• The Tourism Amendment Bill has been issued for comment. One of the key changes is the regulation of “short-term home sharing” to rope AirBnB and other similar accommodation into the tourism regulatory framework (which means if you rent your home on a short-term basis you will have to comply with health and safety and other regulations).
• The Financial Stability Board (FSB) has just released a peer review exploring the implementation of the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) around the world.
If you cannot attend the live webinar, the recording will be available in your profile afterwards.
You can also submit me your technical queries (relating to the topics covered).
Click here to register for the webinar.