The Minister of Finance, Malusi Gigaba, has invited South Africans to share their views about the country’s economic conditions and other issues they would like government to highlight in the Budget.
Gigaba will deliver his maiden Budget Speech on 21 February amid subdued economic growth and a challenging fiscal situation, according to the Ministry of Finance.
The Minister invites South Africans to share their views on;
– Funding of free education for students in tertiary institutions;
– How South Africa can achieve inclusive economic growth;
– How South Africa can use its resources to ensure efficiencies; and
– How the government, civil society, unions and business can work together for the purpose of achieving South Africa’s economic objectives.
The ministry says in a press release that the minister looks forward to contributions which can be sent through the following ways:
• Tweet your tips and include the hashtag #BudgetTips2018, and Follow @TreasuryRSA
• The National Treasury website: Budget 2018 TIPS