Intuit offered a $100,000 prize for the next killer accounting App, and some amazing tools made it to the final.
The App Showdown contest enabled accounting app makers (largely already in the QuickBooks ecosystem) to have their day in the sun, an gain access to some serious capital for marketing and development, reports Accountingweb. This year that honour went to G1VE, a registered public benefit corporation that developed a new way for businesses to easily donate to their choice of leading accredited charities in a 100 percent tax-deductible way.
The other 2018 $100K App Showdown finalists were:
- Chaser: Gets invoices paid sooner to save over seven hours a week on accounts receivable.
- chata.ai: A conversational analytics and reporting tool that does your data ‘dirty work.’
- Flowless: Allows you to build your own applications around QuickBooks events.
- LeaseMate: Automates your lease accounting.
- Payments Powered by Bolt: Enables online invoice payments via Stripe, PayPal + more.
- PayPie: Cash flow forecasting and risk assessment to improve your finances.
- Penny: Helps automate, control and monitor business and travel expenses.
- Printavo: Simple shop management software.
- SnapDsk: Collects QuickBooks customer info from anywhere.
Two of the finalists went from hack to app in less than a year.
Read more here.