- DO NOT travel for ANY reason other than medical, basic needs or food. You could face 1 month in jail and/or a fine if you leave home for any other personal reason. Keep your grocery receipts, doctor’s notes, pharmacy receipts, etc with you as proof of your reason for travel.
- Always keep your ID and driver’s license with you when you do have to travel.
- The government has the right to test you for Coronavirus, detain you until the test is completed (which now takes up to 7 days due to the sheer volume of tests) and place you under quarantine, so… Make sure someone always knows where you are going and when you will be back. If you are detained/quarantined, please keep someone apprised of the situation.
- Do not take any detours, go straight to your destination and go back home.
- If you do get stopped at a roadblock: Stay calm, be clear and be humble. Do not get aggressive or impatient.
- If you have to travel for work, you will get a letter certifying this to be the case. Make sure your manager/MD knows you are travelling for work, has authorised the trip and to expect a call from the Police/Army. Keep this letter handy on any work travel.
- This lockdown is not about you. So, don’t be selfish, stick to the rules and keep the rest of us safe and healthy. The government has warned of more stringent methods to control the outbreak, so please stick to the rules and let’s get through this without further escalation of the situation.
- Keep doing your job. Keep your head down, be safe and keep healthy.
- For more info on Lockdown: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/2020/03/23/south-african-lockdown-guidelines-information/
For stats: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
For updated press releases or information from the Government: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/
For Lancet Testing venues (Self funded @ R1200): http://www.lancet.co.za/corona-virus-info-hub/
For Government Testing, contact 0800029999 to organise.