A company’s website is the most basic tool to use for marketing your practice online, but many companies do not use it to its full potential. Arvid Mostad, co-founder of Mostad & Christensen, a company that helps accounting firms market their services, says a company’s website should used to attract more business, it can serve to retain existing clients and it can be a resource for financial, tax, and business information.
“Think of your website as a constant window that allows your clients and prospects to explore your business any time. This is your business card, your handshake, your first meeting.”
To use your website to its full potential to attract new clients, she offers the following tips:
- Create a contact page on your website that allows visitors to submit a request for information
- Add a newsletter sign-up form on your website allowing visitors to register for your newsletter using their email address and contact information
- Ask new contacts where they first learned about your business. Keeping track of where your new business comes from will help you focus your resources on the most productive prospect stream. Some may say they found you via your website while others come from word-of-mouth or advertising.
- The next aspects that should be considered regarding your website is to ask if your prospects are able to find you online and whether or not there is room for improvement to your website in terms of ease of navigation and quality of content.
- Lastly, it is important to update your site regularly to keep it current and by posting articles that would be of interest to your clients and prospects – articles that may move them to call you with questions.