Saiba has launched the Namibian Continuing Professional Development (CPD) subscription programme to help members to stay compliant, and remain updated with practice management and regulatory changes. Members get to upskill themselves while ensuring that they give their members accurate advice.
The Namibian CPD subscription contains the following:
- Content: Technical updates, practice management advice and interviews with Namibian regulators.
- Topics: Income Tax, Vat Updates, Payroll Updates, Companies Act, Close Corporations Act, Ethics, Reporting Engagements, IFRS Update, Financial Intelligence Centre obligations, Marketing and Growing your Accounting Firm, Navigating BIPA, PAAB and ITAS..
- CPD hours: Between 30 – 40 hours.
- Format: Access is via the Saiba Academy and offered as online webinars with access to presenters for technical support.
- Price: Discounted offer of R425 per month or R4 665 annually for a limited time.
Saiba’s Namibian representative, Lehana Nel, says this is a game-changer for the Namibian Saiba members. With accounting becoming so wide, members can tap into different pools of knowledge and information to learn and upskill themselves while making themselves more valuable in their businesses and workplaces.
“There are so many technical aspects that one can explore, to reinvest their knowledge, keep the standard of accounting at an ultimate high and stop being a jack of all trades, yet master of none. There is immigration accounting and a focus on agriculture which is quite big in Namibia. Specialising means that you get to master in particular areas and that is how you build trust. You also get to improve employability. While getting accountants to upskill themselves, we are also expanding the Saiba brand in Namibia.”
All members who wish to subscribe to the CPD are to be signed up with the Saiba Academy to successfully subscribe to the CPD. To know more about the great benefits of subscribing to CPD click here or ask your consultant to advise you on CPD subscription is suitable for you and your business.