If you are an accountant in practice, you should be minting money.
Rather than watching their clients get rich, accountants in practice can – and should – be leading the way.
That’s the message that will be delivered at the first ever (and virtual) AccountEx event to be hosted in SA on Tuesday 13 October 2020.
This is an all-day event with a fascinating line-up of speakers.
The SA Institute of Business Accountants (Saiba) is hosting a panel discussion entitled “How to survive and thrive as a small accounting firm.”
The panelists include:
- Saiba member Russel Ngobeni BAP(SA), serial entrepreneur, trainer and practitioner. Russel knows what it’s like to be a trained accountant without a job. He has a passion for training accountants from disadvantaged backgrounds and today runs multiple accounting businesses – and still finds time to teach.
- Economist Phumlani Majozi, who is been unerringly accurate in his economic predictions and is not afraid to speak his mind about what is wrong with South Africa – and how to fix it.
- Siphethuxolo Didiza BAP(SA), who gave up elite level rugby and athletics to start his own high-tech accounting practice. He now runs Didiserv, bringing cutting edge technology to his clients.
- Nadine Chetty BAP(SA), who founded Ecomm Accounting Solutions in 2013 with the aim of assisting clients to build flourishing businesses. Nadine has a passion for teaching other accountants how to build thriving practices.
- Ziningi Mazibuko BAP(SA), who has built a thriving practice before and during lockdown, and has cracked the formula for building a successful practice.
- Tsoanelo Masiliki BAP(SA), founder of Orifile Thabiso Business Accountants, anbother outstanding Saiba success story that you do not want to miss.
There will be over 20 speakers throughout the day covering key topics such as cloud accounting technology, winning clients through marketing, delivering advisory services and the latest technological tools for accountants.
Themes to be covered
Other themes to be covered during the day are:
- Talking anxiety in accounting (presented by Nick Elston)
- IFRS financials in the Cloud (by Earl Steyn, MD Draftworx)
- How to pivot and protect your marketing (by Amanda C. Watts, founder, Oompf Global)
- The future of the SA accounting profession (by Adriaan Basson, Simon Magner and Amanda Orselli of Wingman Accounting, Iridium and BDO)
- Keeping track of your firms KPIs (by Zayne Nabbee and Carl Reader of Creative CFO and Practice Ignition)
- When clients need real-time advice, can you deliver? (presented by Alex Clark, GM Receipt Bank SA)
To register and find out more information about the event, click here: https://bit.ly/32Z2oi9